23659Re: Visits and Visitor Sessions

  • penelope.bellegarde
    Sep 9, 2009
      Hello,
      I think I actually agree with both Myles and Adam.

      If you look at your visits number and your total visitors number (including duplicates i.e assuming that if the same visitor comes to your site twice during a day/week/month) then he/she will be counted twice),then these 2 numbers should match.

      However, yes if you look at your visits number and at your unique visitors number then these 2 metrics will not match as if the same visitor comes to the site twice during a day/week/month, then in this scenario he/she will only be counted once but you will get 2 visits generated by this visitor.

      Would you agree folks?

      Thanks

      Penelope