22266Best Practices for Tagging a Non-commerce Site

  • jhellitt
    Apr 28, 2009
      I'm about to start an implementation with Omniture for a news site and am looking for some posts/sites that discuss best practices. My previous experience has all been with ecommerce tagging so while the principles are the same, with ecommerce you have that anchor point of driving people to a cart. I assume that to start, we need to define what we consider a successful visit, and then use that as an anchor point but I'm interested to learn more about how other people tackle non-commerce sites. To complicate things, we're not allowed to use cookies, so new versus repeat type metrics are off limits.

      Any help/direction you can give me would be greatly appreciated!

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic