21188Re: [webanalytics] Re: How widely used in Piwik?

  • Leticia Colon
    Feb 4, 2009
      Hi

      I actually just created a PbWiki for laid off job seekers -
      https://getmeajobtoday.pbwiki.com

      (If you are laid off or a recruiter - check it out and let me know what you
      think.)

      Strengths:
      1. Easy To Use
      2. Good options for the free version
      3. Users have no difficulty using it

      Weaknesses:
      1. I have not found an analytics dashboard but perhaps it is due to the fact
      I am using the free version.

      Also, if you want to create an online collaborative community, PbWiki is
      great.

      Though, if you are planning to expand it, which I am, I recommend using
      PbWiki as a launching/starting pad and then incorporating it with a
      larger CMS platform, like Joomla.

      **A Call out for Joomla and UI experts - shoot me an email**

      Leticia
      LColon@...

      On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 9:48 AM, Kevin Mcdonald <
      kevin.mcdonald@...> wrote:

      > Fantastic. Thank you.
      >
      > Sent from my mobile device.
      >

      > On Feb 3, 2009, at 6:39 PM, "Akshay R." <akshay_r13@...<akshay_r13%40yahoo.co.in>>
      > wrote:
      >
      > > Hi Kevin,
      > >
      > > Although I've not used PiWik in a production environment, we did do a
      > > comparison of PiWik v/s GA. I've put in the findings at blog:
      > > http://groupmagnet.blogspot.com/2009/01/piwik-vs-google-
      > > analytics.html.
      > >
      > > Our main concern with this tool was the increased learning curve and a
      > > technology challenge. For example, we were working in a pure Java/J2EE
      > > environment. However, PiWik demands PHP-Apache. Due to complexity of
      > > hosting multiple technologies, this option was rejected.
      > >
      > > Hope it helps.
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > > Akshay
      > > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com <webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > Kevin McDonald
      > > <kevin.mcdonald@...> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I noticed on the Piwik.org site that their open source alternative
      > > to GA
      > > > (their words not mine) is being downloaded 100 times a day.
      > > >
      > > > 1) I'm curious, who is using Piwik <http://piwik.org> and for what
      > > > applications...? Specifically, I'm wondering if this project is
      > > finding
      > > > traction on internal websites or public ones.
      > > >
      > > > 2) It would be great if the the Vendor Discovery tool on WA
      > > Demystified and
      > > > WASP could identify the sites tagged with Piwik. (hint hint - or is
      > > this
      > > > not yet a rounding error in terms of market share?)
      > > >
      > > > 3) Anybody have any experiences to share about their use cases and
      > > the tools
      > > > abilities?
      > > >
      > > > Thank you,
      > > >
      > > > Kevin McDonald
      > > > http://renditionx.com
      > > > Twitter i001962

      Creed of Destiny- Thoughts leads to Words, Words, lead to Actions, Actions
      lead to Character, and Character leads to Destiny.