21178Re: How widely used in Piwik?

  • Akshay R.
    Feb 3, 2009
      Hi Kevin,

      Although I've not used PiWik in a production environment, we did do a
      comparison of PiWik v/s GA. I've put in the findings at blog:

      Our main concern with this tool was the increased learning curve and a
      technology challenge. For example, we were working in a pure Java/J2EE
      environment. However, PiWik demands PHP-Apache. Due to complexity of
      hosting multiple technologies, this option was rejected.

      Hope it helps.

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Kevin McDonald
      <kevin.mcdonald@...> wrote:
      > I noticed on the Piwik.org site that their open source alternative to GA
      > (their words not mine) is being downloaded 100 times a day.
      > 1) I'm curious, who is using Piwik <http://piwik.org> and for what
      > applications...? Specifically, I'm wondering if this project is finding
      > traction on internal websites or public ones.
      > 2) It would be great if the the Vendor Discovery tool on WA
      Demystified and