21144Re: How widely used in Piwik?

  • Stephane Hamel
    Feb 1, 2009
      Hi Kevin,
      1) of course, it's not very widely used and I don't really know much
      about this tool. WASP stats shows me 200 identified sites using Piwik
      (out of 161,000 websites using web analytics)
      2) Piwik has changed their tagging. Older versions of Piwik are
      already identified by WASP and I just made the fix so the next release
      see it correctly.
      3) no experience with Piwik, but looks interesting!

      St├ęphane Hamel
      Web Analytics Advocate!
      http://immeria.net

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, Kevin McDonald
      <kevin.mcdonald@...> wrote:

      > I noticed on the Piwik.org site that their open source alternative to GA
      > (their words not mine) is being downloaded 100 times a day.
      >
      > 1) I'm curious, who is using Piwik <http://piwik.org> and for what
      > applications...? Specifically, I'm wondering if this project is finding
      > traction on internal websites or public ones.
      >
      > 2) It would be great if the the Vendor Discovery tool on WA
      Demystified and