19106Re: [webanalytics] Re: Google Analytics conversion discrepancies

  • Feras Alhlou
    Sep 1, 2008
      Hi Hugh,

      Yes, I would think it would be the other way around. Could it be that the
      goal page (e.g. the "check out completion or thank you" page) is referenced
      elsewhere? Or maybe the goal match type is allowing other pages to be
      counted as goals? You might want to verify that in the Top Content Report,
      and use the URI in the report filter (and any regular expression settings
      that you might have) and then examine the results, the number of unique
      pageviews you see should match the the number of conversions, if you see
      pages other than your goal page, that might be the cause of this issue.

      thanks,
      feras