18185Re: Google crawls FLASH

  • alexbrasil489
    Jul 2, 2008
      Hailong, I apologize-- I was not laughing at you at all and everything
      you said was right. By Hippo, I mean the term "highest paid person's
      opinion", which means that instead of using data and analysis, as we
      all do here, an individual who does not get it will simply state the
      right way.

      When you said an all flash site was evidently flawed in some way, I
      was laughing because, while it is evident to you and I, it is not so
      evident to the Hippos I deal with.

      For reference, Hippo is a play on words, as it also refers to the
      Hippopotamus animal.

      Hope that clears it up.
      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Hailong Xia" <hailong.xia@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > Maybe I would say something that make you laugh before getting a
      headache :
      > I'm sorry but I just can't understand your message due to my poor
      English;-(
      > And Hippos, you are talking about the CMS?
      >
      > After all, I want to complete my phrase with "The limits of Flash
      only site
      > are evident *for SEO*".
      >

      > On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 1:11 PM, alexbrasil489 <alexbrasil@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Evident you say? You sir, have not battled the neighborhood friendly
      > > Hippos enough, and for that, feel blessed. For me, Flash is the
      > > epitome of evil, a blight on this land that needs to be eradicated.
      > >
      > > It feeds the Hippos, it nurtures them and allows them to wander the
      > > World Wide Jungle with impunity, biding their time beneath the water
      > > just waiting to strike well reasoned arguments and data down with
      > > their language, Hippospeak. Blood curdling phrases such as "when I
      > > browse the web I do X", and "people don't want X, they want Y",
      > > without consulting anything to form their opinion or, even, better,
      > > directly contradicting it are fed by the religion of Flash, and make
      > > no mistake, this is a religion of evil doers.
      > >
      > > I have done battle with these Hippos, and struggled as it is. This
      > > announcement is like giving Goliath a device that happens to counter
      > > slings.
      > >
      > > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com <webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > > "Hailong Xia" <hailong.xia@>
      > > wrote:
      > >

      > > > The limits of Flash only site are evident. The benefit of this
      > > improvement
      > > > is, for the SEOer, another source of traffic and another workshop;
      > > for the
      > > > welfare of Internet, more resources would be easily accessible.

      <webanalytics%40yahoogroups.com><webanalytics%
      > > 40yahoogroups.com>,

      > > FLASH.

    »
    «