17461RE: [webanalytics] Analtyics voor mobile phones.

  • Craig Sullivan
    May 29, 2008
      Brendan,

      The efficiency of caching systems means that javascript tagging is
      always going to be more accurate than log files.

      There are local caches maintained by the browser (IE is particularly
      aggressive) and many ISPs (e.g. AOL) operate large banks of intermediate
      proxy servers that also do caching between client and origin server.
      The net effect of losing cached page views will make a serious dent in
      the figures.

      Regards,

      <http://www.lovefilm.com/>

      Craig Sullivan

      Product Manager - Digital and Usability
      LOVEFiLM.com <http://www.lovefilm.com/>

      No.9 | 6 Portal Way | London | W3 6RU
      T: (020) 8896 8050 | M: (0)7711 657315 | F: 0208 896 8110
      craig.sullivan@...