1596Re: Gender differences in visitor behavior?

  • Eric Peterson
    Mar 2, 2005
      Michael, I don't think the attachment attached but there is a "Files"
      link in Yahoo! that should allow you to upload the document for the
      entire group (if they're interested).

      Interesting subject for sure.

      Eric

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Crowdes, Michael"
      <michael.crowdes@r...> wrote:
      > Debora,
      >
      > I've attached, (new to this forum so I hope that's ok), a recap of a
      > study from the Online Publishers Association that examined media
      > consumption of the at-work internet audience. I think that it may lead
      > you in some interesting directions regarding your questions about men
      > vs. women as it takes a decent look at differences in internet use
      > between men and women by day part, compared to other media. The study
      > is getting a little old, it's from 2003, but the television usage
      > portions still look pretty valid two years later so I don't think the
      > online portions will be completely invalid.
      >
      > As it relates to web analytics, I think that if you were to look at this
      > data as an indicator of what's going on in a segment's life at a certain
      > time during the day, say early morning, and compare that to the kind of
      > behavior you're seeing on your site you could start to draw some
      > conclusions - e.g., we see people engage in a lot of "content scanning"
      > behavior on our site at this time, which is when we "know" that women
      > are primarily engaged in a certain type of media consumption etc.
      >
      > It might lead you in some interesting directions about when to do things
      > like launch campaigns, rotate content etc.
      >
      > Michael Crowdes
      > Manager, Interactive Marketing & eCommerce
      > Royal Appliance Mfg. Co.
      > 7005 Cochran Road
      > Glenwillow, Ohio 44139
      > 440-996-2192

      more information on our latest products, including the new Dynamite
      QuickVac.