13947Re: page tags vs web server logs diagram

  • Paul Holstein
    Nov 9, 2007
      Most likely, Google has filtered them. It's easy to do. Wikipedia
      has a list of IPs from AOL. You can also get the list directly from
      AOL: http://webmaster.info.aol.com/proxyinfo.html

      --Paul

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Lothaire Ruellan" <lruellan@...>
      wrote:

      > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "chonchobar" <jmooney@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Re: geography
      > > As someone noted, unless they're using telepathy - and elaborating on
      > > Paul's reply below - Google Analytics (or Webtrends, Omniture, etc.,
      > > etc.) is till using plain old HTTP log files to compile their reports
      >
      > Speaking of obtaining geographical information from WA tools. Does
      > anybody know why Webtrends ranks Virginia in the Top 3 of my traffic
      > (presumably because of the AOL proxies located in that state), whereas
      > it is in my lower Top 10 in Google Analytics? Is google analytics
      > filtering AOL ip's from it's IP lookup and lumps them into the "not
      > set" category ?
      >
      > Lothaire

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic