1359RE: [webanalytics] Re: Does Broadband = unique permanent IP address?

  • Akin Arikan
    Feb 2, 2005
      Hi David,

      Thanks for checking. Yes, NetTracker uses the following for identifying
      visits and visitors depending on the best option that is available in
      each page-tag or log file record:

      - combination of IP + user agent
      - cookie or cookies
      - authenticated user names
      - URL parameters (in tags or logs) with visit or visitor data

      As you probably know, the correct use of cookies is an interesting
      challenge because the first time request of a visitor to a Web site will
      never have a cookie associated with it. So there is some significant
      magic that the software has to employ in order to still capture that
      first request and correctly associate it with the rest of the cookie'd
      visit.

      Best,