13277Re: tracking across subdomains

  • marianina3
    Oct 1, 2007
      Hi Bobby
      You'll need to add an advanced filter to your google analytics
      profile, I have also written out how to do it, to enable you to see
      the whole uri in your google analytics reports - otherwise if you have
      product.company.com/home and shop.company.com/home they would be
      lumped together.
      http://marianina.com/blog/2007/07/28/google-analytics-tip-1-naming-
      your-webpages/

      You will also need to add a filter to track your pages on different
      domains as well:
      http://marianina.com/blog/2007/08/28/google-analytics-tip-2-tracking-
      visitors-on-different-domains-or-subdomains/

      These two posts are both specifically on how to sort your domain
      problem out.
      Marianina :)
      Web Analytics Princess

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "bobbymx52001" <bobbymx52001@...>
      wrote:

      > I have a client using google analytics on a single website that is
      > split across several subdomains, this is making it impossible to view
      > true clickstream data and all other analytic data. Does anyone have
      > any advice on how to compensate for the different subdomains? other
      > than eliminate them which wont happen until the new site launch in
      2008?

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic