      From: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com [mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of nevertrustab
      Sent: Monday, September 03, 2007 6:39 AM
      To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [webanalytics] G Analytics: incredible difference in bounce
      rate for /page.php and /page.php/

      I'm still a very beginner with Google Analytics and I'm seeing these
      2 pages:

      www.website.com/page1.php

      and

      www.website.com/page1.php/

      Both have a couple of thousand visitors so the sample size can
      definitely not explain this difference:

      One of the versions has a bounce rate of 8% and the other one has a
      bounce rate of 55%.

      How could this possibly be? I assume it's one and the same page. Is
      the reason that the webmaster (it's not my own site) is using
      page1.php and page1.php/ for different traffic streams (maybe the
      one for search and the other one for direct traffic esp. for type-
      ins which might have an incredibly low bounce rate as they've been
      to the site before, chose to come back and thus are unlikely to
      bounce off right away?

      thanks!