12822Re: [webanalytics] Re: G Analytics: incredible difference in bounce rate for /page.php and /page.php/

  • "Wandering" Dave Rhee
    Sep 4, 2007
      Hi, Patrick,

      Hmm -- good question.

      I've defined bounce rate to be single-page *sessions*, so it's possible a
      user could open a browser window or tab to your site, let the session
      timeout over lunch, return, click to the next page, then close the window.
      That next page would be the only page in a session, and therefore both the
      entry page and exit page for that session (thus defined as a bounce).

      Can one of the tool-specific gurus here explain if bounces are defined by
      sessions (visits), as opposed to visitors?

      WDave Rhee, Moderator