11688Re: Blocking Internal Traffic

  • Paul Holstein
    Jul 7, 2007
      That's a fascinating idea. I can see the customer clicking on the
      link, then it would be up to the CSR to pick up the cookie. Perhaps,
      when the customer clicks, the code could be added to a database and be
      given a status of "not picked up yet" Then the CSR could click on a
      separate link on an internal page and pick up the last code entered
      and also mark the record as "picked up" so that no other CSR picks up
      the same cookie.

      I love it.

      --Paul

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "abbdrb" <abbdrb@...> wrote:

      > --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Holstein" <paul@> wrote:
      > >

      > > My dream would be to have a system in place that would allow our CSRs
      > > to enter a code read to them from the customer's browser. Once the
      > > CSR entered that code, everything would be recorded as if the customer
      > > himself continued the session. That would really help us tie
      > > conversions back to keywords and referrers much better.
      > >
      > > Does anyone know how to do that?
      > >
      > > --Paul
      > >

      > I'm not sure how you transfer the online activity from customer to
      > CSR, but if the customer initiates the communication with the CSR by
      > clicking on a link in their browser you may be able pass a cookie
      > containing a transaction code and have that same code associated with
      > the CSR's session. Although it wouldn't cause everything to be
      > recorded as one session, you can probably have a custom report set up
      > to link the activities together.
      >
      > angie

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic