11651Re: Blocking Internal Traffic

  • Paul Holstein
    Jul 4, 2007
      The way this works is quite simple in Omniture. Our main report suite
      includes all of our traffic. We then created a new report suite
      called External Traffic. To create the segment, we simply added a
      rule in the Segmentation Wizard that excludes our IP address.

      Additionally, I excluded my own computer and a few others using cookies.

      We are a top 500 retailer with CSRs who take orders online. This way,
      we get all the conversion data we need without worrying about issues
      with loyalty, referrals, etc.

      My dream would be to have a system in place that would allow our CSRs
      to enter a code read to them from the customer's browser. Once the
      CSR entered that code, everything would be recorded as if the customer
      himself continued the session. That would really help us tie
      conversions back to keywords and referrers much better.

      Does anyone know how to do that?

      --Paul

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "webber analytics"