      From: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com [mailto:webanalytics@yahoogroups.com] On
      Behalf Of Brandon Hartness
      Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 10:33 AM
      To: webanalytics@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [webanalytics] Blocking Internal Traffic

      We don't block internal traffic, but rather segment them into another
      reporting suite with Omniture. Our CSRs place orders via a custom view of
      our website's checkout, so if we didn't segment them, then our conversion
      metrics would be drastically different. That would allow for terrific
      conversion metrics, but really won't help with decision making. :)

      If CSRs placing orders won't affect conversion, then you need to evaluate
      the type of operation. I've worked with companies that almost never visit
      their own website, and others that live and breathe within the website. In
      the latter scenario, your views/visit, time on site, page depth and other
      similar metrics will be rendered inaccurate.

      Brandon