11193Re: [webanalytics] Web Analytics Reports

  • Joe Brown
    Jun 4, 2007
      It all depends on the business objectives and goals of the website.

      - E-commerce websites the objectives most likely are to increase sales and
      to decrease marketing expenses. So you may look at a report that shows
      sales, returns, allowances, sales per visitor, cost per visitor, and
      conversion rate.

      - Content websites the objectives would probably be to increase both
      readership and the amount of time spent on your website (stickiness) and
      maybe downloads. So you would want a report that would show metrics
      like visit length, page views per visit, number of subscriptions, and number
      of cancelled subscriptions

      - Lead-generation websites the objectives would revolve around increasing
      and segmenting customer leads. Here you may want to look at white paper
      downloads, time spent on the site, newsletter opt-ins, and the
      leads-to-close ratio