11166Re: Goal Tracking in Analytics Problem

  • Kath Dawson
    Jun 1, 2007
      Just to expand on this..... I can see that Analytics is tracking
      these pages as exit pages but not as content pages & despite copying
      the URL into the goal exactly as analytics is reporting it in the
      exit pages I am still getting nowhere with tracking any goal data.

      Some has suggested that the goodle js code needs to be different if
      you are tracking over 2 domain names but I don't want to go back to
      my client with a revision if this in not going to solve the problem
      for sure.

      Also, we have put conversion code in place for the Adwords camapign
      that is due to start on Monday and I don't know if this will work.
      can anyone please advise or help as I'm getting pretty desperate now!

      Thanks,
      Kath

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Kath Dawson" <kath@...> wrote:

      > My client has a career section on their site and people can apply
      > online. When they enter the application process they are taken to
      > another site to fill in an online form
      >
      > i.e. mainsite.com - where the jobs are advertised is then linked to
      > applicationsite.com to fill out the form. Its all part of the same
      > company but a different TLD.
      >
      > They have put the analytics code on the application pages (and the
      > conversion code for the adwords campaign starting on Monday) yet
      > analytics isn't capturing any data from the applications process.
      >
      > Is this because there are two TLD's?
      > The analytics code we have put on is all the same.
      >
      > Please help!
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kath

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic