11055Re: Thoughts on that Jim Sterne Guy

  • k2colo
    May 24 4:20 PM
      Jim simplifys an inherently complicated subject, making analytics
      understandable to mere mortals. And does so in entertaining fashion.

      K Kleinbach

      --- In webanalytics@yahoogroups.com, "Marcos Richardson"
      <marcos.richardson@...> wrote:

      > Hi Liz
      >

      > What role does/has Jim Sterne played in the Web analytics
      > industry?
      >
      > I attended and presented at the first ever E-Metrics Summit in
      London and
      > thought then what a good idea to bring all these Web Analytics
      Vendors and
      > analysts together under one roof. These summits are now in many
      countries
      > around the globe.
      >
      > Jim's role in the industry has been to create a collective of Web
      > Analytics vendors and experts to share ideas and steer the
      industry -
      > having founded the WAA.
      >

      > What, if anything, makes him stand out in the industry?
      >
      > He is like a mentor of gurus – his books, white papers and input on
      > various lists, blogs, forums etc steers topical Web Analytics
      discussions
      > in the direction of action of using metrics to optimise web
      presence.

      > Marcos Richardson
      > Director
      > WebtraffIQ
      >

      > > In addition to my day job working with Web analytics at a software
      > > company, I am a freelance writer. I'm writing an article for a
      > > business journal about Jim Sterne and Target Marketing, and I'm
      hoping
      > > to get some comments from people in the industry about him. You
      can
      > > post or email me directly at lizwerhane@... Please include your
      > > name, company and job title if you will allow me to use your
      comment
      > > in print. Essays welcome. Soundbites preferred.
      > >
      > > You might phrase your comments as a response to one of the
      following
      > > questions: What role does/has Jim Sterne played in the Web
      analytics
      > > industry? What's it like working with him? What, if anything,
      makes
      > > him stand out in the industry?
      > >
      > > Your deadline is end of day Thursday so that I can make my
      deadline.
      > > Thank you! My apologies for the unusual use of the message board.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic