11038Re: [webanalytics] Thoughts on that Jim Sterne Guy

  • Marcos Richardson
    May 24, 2007
      Hi Liz

      What role does/has Jim Sterne played in the Web analytics
      industry?

      I attended and presented at the first ever E-Metrics Summit in London and
      thought then what a good idea to bring all these Web Analytics Vendors and
      analysts together under one roof. These summits are now in many countries
      around the globe.

      Jim’s role in the industry has been to create a collective of Web
      Analytics vendors and experts to share ideas and steer the industry -
      having founded the WAA.

      What, if anything, makes him stand out in the industry?

      He is like a mentor of gurus – his books, white papers and input on
      various lists, blogs, forums etc steers topical Web Analytics discussions
      in the direction of action of using metrics to optimise web presence.

      Marcos Richardson
      Director
      WebtraffIQ

      > In addition to my day job working with Web analytics at a software
      > company, I am a freelance writer. I'm writing an article for a
      > business journal about Jim Sterne and Target Marketing, and I'm hoping
      > to get some comments from people in the industry about him. You can
      > post or email me directly at lizwerhane@.... Please include your
      > name, company and job title if you will allow me to use your comment
      > in print. Essays welcome. Soundbites preferred.
      >
      > You might phrase your comments as a response to one of the following
      > questions: What role does/has Jim Sterne played in the Web analytics
      > industry? What's it like working with him? What, if anything, makes
      > him stand out in the industry?
      >
      > Your deadline is end of day Thursday so that I can make my deadline.
      > Thank you! My apologies for the unusual use of the message board.

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic