New release of webalizer for Win32

  • jnhayart@nordnet.fr
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 30, 2000
      i post this morning a new release of Webalizer 2.01.06,
      i've include in :

      - read directly log of IIS 4.0 (standard and W3C) and of IIS5.0
      (W3C), based on first character of log name.
      - can read a folder of log.
      - rename a file after finish processing (with incremental)
      - can read a file with list of Server for massive production of log,
      in multihomed configuration.
      - new conf variable for time to live in DNS database, now you can
      cache Bad DNS resolution, for increase speed if you start webalizer
      each day or more.

      you can download it from :
      - www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Webalizer2.01.06.R01.zip
      only in english for moment, but you have just to ask me if you want
      an other language.

      Thanks for Klauss for help me work on this port.
    • Jake Roztocil
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 30, 2000

        Thank you for your work on this!!  I was just looking through all of the posts on convlog and wondering if I'd be able to figure it out...

        As a test I am trying to get your version of Webalizer running on a WinMe version of PWS4.0 (should be IIS4 standard logs).  Unfortunately I am getting a lot bad records so I can only assume that the record format is not the same or I have something wrong in my webalizer.conf - this would not be a surprise as I am somewhat new to this.

        Here is webalizer > webalizer.log:

        Webalizer V2.01-06 (Windows 9x 4.90  ) English
        Creating output in E:\Inetpub\wwwroot\usage
        Hostname for reports is 'localhost'
        History file not found...
        Using logfile D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LogFiles\W3SVC1\nc0009.log (IIS-W3C (IIS4,IIS5,...)
        Using logfile D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\LogFiles\W3SVC1\nc0010.log (IIS-W3C (IIS4,IIS5,...)
        No valid records found!

        Here is a debug=yes sample:

        Skipping bad record (125):
        127.0.0.1 - - [05/Sep/2000:03:15:11 -0500] "GET /formgen/formcode/members/index.
        cfm?fuseaction=edit_Members&id=16?fuseaction=edit_Members&id=16 HTTP/1.1" 200 88
        44
        Skipping bad record (126):
        127.0.0.1 - - [05/Sep/2000:03:15:18 -0500] "GET /formgen/formcode.members HTTP/1
        .1" 404 623
        Skipping bad record (127):
        127.0.0.1 - - [05/Sep/2000:03:16:22 -0500] "POST /CFIDE/main/ide.cfm?CFSRV=IDE&A
        CTION=IDE_DEFAULT?CFSRV=IDE&ACTION=IDE_DEFAULT HTTP/1.1" 200 420

        I will try this on an real IIS4 machine at my earliest convience but I thought I would post this in case it is something obvious for PWS4 - and incase anyone else is trying this.  Please let me know if I can offer any other information.

        Jake Roztocil

        i post this morning a new release of Webalizer 2.01.06,
        i've include in :

        - read directly log of IIS 4.0 (standard and W3C) and of IIS5.0
        (W3C), based on first character of log name.
        - can read a folder of log.
        - rename a file after finish processing (with incremental)
        - can read a file with list of Server for massive production of log,
        in multihomed configuration.
        - new conf variable for time to live in DNS database, now you can
        cache Bad DNS resolution, for increase speed if you start webalizer
        each day or more.

        you can download it from :
          - www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Webalizer2.01.06.R01.zip
        only in english for moment, but you have just to ask me if you want
        an other language.

        Thanks for Klauss for help me work on this port.

        eLerts
        http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/_/_/972905506/

      • HAYART Jean Noel
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 30, 2000

          i think PWS don't make log like IIS cause his log name begin by NC, and i line look like NSCA format,
          try format "clf" and if no good news send me directly a file of sample and i take a look at it ...

          jean Noel HAYART

[...]

          Webalizer for NT: http://private.homepages.intershop.de/klaus/webalizer/

        • Edouard Romeo
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2000
            jnhayart@... wrote:
            > you can download it from :
            > - www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/Webalizer2.01.06.R01.zip
            > only in english for moment, but you have just to ask me if you want
            > an other language.

            Could we have a french version ?

            Thxs

            Edouard ROMEO
          • HAYART Jean Noel
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2000
              i publish today a new release, cause last version have somes troubles ( in
              fact, DNS database was not writen cause it search for a file on my computer)

              for this new version i made 3 languages ( French, German and English )

              i build this version with standard include file from Webalizer (not with
              mine french language) cause i make too much change in french for report it
              in the other language.

              for you to make reports better 'look', i finish an special webalizer output
              in XML, but make my first XSL file take a lot of time.

              after you can change XSL for make new visual reports without change binaries
              of webalizer and i can make new exiting reports details in XML output. and
              let you use it in XSL or not.

              Jean Noel HAYART

              (Old URL: http://private.homepages.intershop.de/klaus/webalizer/)