Problems with the speed of the analysis

  • sidvicious
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 6, 2002
      Hi Folks,

      I'm using Webalizer for NT to analyze the log files
      of my web server.
      The webalizer is generating all the reports fine, but I
      think that it takes
      too long to analyze W3C log files.
      Is there any configuration that can be changed in my
      Windows 2000 Server
      running IIS5.0 in order to improve the speed of the
      webalizer?
      Just to have an idea, the webalizer is taking
      something like 24 hours to
      analyze something like 250 virtual folders, with 30 W3C
      log files each, and
      most of them are not huge in size (less than 1Mb).

      Thanks in advance.

      Pedro Antonio

      Quer ter seu próprio endereço na Internet?
      Garanta já o seu e ainda ganhe cinco e-mails personalizados.
      DomíniosBOL - http://dominios.bol.com.br
    • Klaus Mueller
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 6, 2002

        do you have DNS lookup enabled? This may take a long time. You may improve
        the time if you use the same DNS-DB File for all virtual servers. Please try
        one time without DNS lookup.

        Klaus
      • Kees de Keizer
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 6, 2002
          On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Klaus Mueller wrote:

          > do you have DNS lookup enabled? This may take a long time. You
          > may improve the time if you use the same DNS-DB File for all
          > virtual servers. Please try one time without DNS lookup.

          You should use the same DNS-DB file for all virtual servers
          otherwise it won't be read the next time you run Webalizer NT
          and all the lookups have to be done again.
          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356