RE: [webalizer] Help needed!

  • Klaus Mueller
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002

      []
      > Since I don't run my own server, and have bought this space from a
      > application solutions provider, can I run Webalizer on my own?

      Hi,

      you need to get the web server logs from the ASP and run webalizer on
      another box with full access. Or ask the ASP to install and provide
      webalizer.

      Bye
      Klaus
    • transcendental_dub
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002
        So there's no way I can use webalizer if I don't have my own server?
        I don't want to pay my ASP for installing server stats software, and
        would like to do something on my own instead. Any suggestions?

        > Hi,
        >
        > you need to get the web server logs from the ASP and run webalizer
        on
        > another box with full access. Or ask the ASP to install and provide
        > webalizer.
        >
        > Bye
        > Klaus
      • Klaus Mueller
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002
          > So there's no way I can use webalizer if I don't have my own server?
          > I don't want to pay my ASP for installing server stats software, and
          > would like to do something on my own instead. Any suggestions?

          Own server or home computer at work. You need to run webalizer from command
          line. It's not CGI based.

          Klaus
        • transcendental_dub
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002
            Thanks.
            Is there any good alternative CGI-based open source site stats
            software?