Help needed!

  • transcendental_dub
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002
      Hi
      I thought I could quickly find a reply to my question, but alas!
      My server is running on:
      Apache/1.3.19 (Unix) (Red-Hat/Linux) FrontPage/4.0.4.3 mod_ssl/2.8.1
      OpenSSL/0.9.6 DAV/1.0.2 PHP/4.0.5 mod_perl/1.24_01 ApacheJServ/1.1.2
      on Linux

      I only have CGI enabled. Frontpage extensions, Java, and PHP are
      disabled by default.

      Since I don't run my own server, and have bought this space from a
      application solutions provider, can I run Webalizer on my own?

      What exactly do I need to do?
      Dunk the scripts into my CGI bin? Also, my /logs folder is empty.

      Any help or advice will be much appreciated.

      Thanks
      Aman A.
      http://dhcreative.net/
    • Klaus Mueller
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002

        []
        > Since I don't run my own server, and have bought this space from a
        > application solutions provider, can I run Webalizer on my own?

        Hi,

        you need to get the web server logs from the ASP and run webalizer on
        another box with full access. Or ask the ASP to install and provide
        webalizer.

        Bye
        Klaus
      • transcendental_dub
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002
          So there's no way I can use webalizer if I don't have my own server?
          I don't want to pay my ASP for installing server stats software, and
          would like to do something on my own instead. Any suggestions?

          > Hi,
          >
          > you need to get the web server logs from the ASP and run webalizer
          on
          > another box with full access. Or ask the ASP to install and provide
          > webalizer.
          >
          > Bye
          > Klaus
        • Klaus Mueller
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002
            > So there's no way I can use webalizer if I don't have my own server?
            > I don't want to pay my ASP for installing server stats software, and
            > would like to do something on my own instead. Any suggestions?

            Own server or home computer at work. You need to run webalizer from command
            line. It's not CGI based.

            Klaus
          • transcendental_dub
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 6, 2002
              Thanks.
              Is there any good alternative CGI-based open source site stats
              software?