preventing particular subdomains from being logged

  • Andy Furnell
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
      hi there,

      I want to be able to exclude any subdomain starting with the word
      'stats' to be excluded from the statistics webalizer draws.

      I've tried this:

      HideSite stats*

      but this only seems to prevent impressions to stats.<domain> from
      appearing in the pages and files stats. I would also like the prevent
      this information from hitting the hits counter. Does anyone know which
      config directive I should be using for this?

      Thanks :)

      Andy

      --
      Andy Furnell Claranet UK Ltd. andy.furnell@...
      Systems Administrator 020 7903 3246 http://www.clara.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2002
        Op 01-02-2002 schreef Andy Furnell:

        > I want to be able to exclude any subdomain starting with the word
        > 'stats' to be excluded from the statistics webalizer draws.
        >
        > I've tried this:
        >
        > HideSite stats*
        >
        > but this only seems to prevent impressions to stats.<domain> from
        > appearing in the pages and files stats. I would also like the prevent
        > this information from hitting the hits counter. Does anyone know which
        > config directive I should be using for this?

        Have you checked the Ignore* keywords.

        From the sample.conf:

        The Ignore* keywords allow you to completely ignore log records
        based on hostname, URL, user agent, referrer or username
        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        I would just like to say that is is my conviction [Hair]