Search Strings

  • webrooms_ltd
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 23, 2002
      Has anybody had the same problem as me re. the accuracy of search
      strings?

      If somebody queries one of the search engines with: "bed &
      breakfast", it shows in the log as "bed+%26+breakfast" and webalizer
      truncates this to be "bed" when showing the Search Strings statistics.

      Does this mean that any text AFTER a URL translated character in the
      search string is truncated? For me, it means that "bed & breakfast
      dublin" and "bed & breakfast ireland" result in 2 occurrences of the
      same search string "bed" in the webalizer output.

      Sorry if this has already been covered.

      Any ideas?

      Michael