Error message: new_snode

  • mike@mikedawson.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 23, 2000
      I am getting the following error message sent to me from my Cron
      Daemon:

      [new_snode] Warning: String exceeds storage size (96)

      I am using Webalizer 2.01-02. Any ideas as to what this means exactly?
    • jnhayart@nordnet.fr
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2000
        this message is from memory allocation of Search string,
        size of this string is bigger than place in hash table ( limit to 64
        char)

        but it is only a warning, in fact program limit size of string to 64
        and
        memorise it.
        you just have perhaps truncated reports ...

      • tjabring@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 23, 2001
          Hello,

          Thanks for this information! Now I know what this error means!
          But.... this error will flood my emailbox with cron messages, because
          it will give an "enter" command even in Quiet and ReallyQuiet mode!
          So I get empty email with only a subject.

          Who knows how to stop this? Can I find the search string in de
          logfile and delete this entry?