found another problem

  • Jeremy Mann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 10, 2002
      Ok, I thought webalizer could parse multiple log files? If you read my last
      post, the reason why webalizer was not showing the month of January is because
      it was only parsing 1 log file. Here is what I have in the conf file:

      LogFile /var/log/apache/cauma/access_log
      LogFile /var/log/apache/archived/cauma_access.log.1
      LogFile /var/log/apache/archived/cauma_access.log.1.gz

      And the output of webalizer with this conf file:

      root@biochem:/etc# webalizer -c /etc/webalizer-cauma.conf
      Webalizer V2.01-09 (Linux 2.4.12-biochem) English
      Using logfile /var/log/apache/archived/cauma_access.log.1.gz (gzip-clf)
      Creating output in /home/www/biochem/auc/weblogs
      Hostname for reports is 'www.cauma.uthscsa.edu'
      Reading history file... webalizer.hist
      Generating report for November 2001
      [new_snode] Warning: String exceeds storage size (80)
      [new_snode] Warning: String exceeds storage size (75)
      [new_snode] Warning: String exceeds storage size (83)
      [new_snode] Warning: String exceeds storage size (102)
      [new_snode] Warning: String exceeds storage size (75)
      Generating report for December 2001
      Generating summary report
      Saving history information...
      21812 records in 2.48 seconds, 8795/sec

      Notice how its only using 1 logfile. If I uncomment the line with the .gz (CLF)
      file, it parses the normal log file and I get the January stats:

      root@biochem:/etc# vi /etc/webalizer-cauma.conf
      root@biochem:/etc# webalizer -c /etc/webalizer-cauma.conf
      Webalizer V2.01-09 (Linux 2.4.12-biochem) English
      Using logfile /var/log/apache/archived/cauma_access.log.1 (clf)
      Creating output in /home/www/biochem/auc/weblogs
      Hostname for reports is 'www.cauma.uthscsa.edu'
      Reading history file... webalizer.hist
      Generating report for December 2001
      Generating report for January 2002