two more questions....

  • sidvicious
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 7, 2002
      Thanks for your tips, Kees de Keizer and Jean-Noel!
      Webalizer is now workinng properly with my server using
      Extended Log Format of the IIS. :-)
      I have just two more questions... please see in what you
      could help me please?
      1-) I think that the webalizer is running too slow in my
      machine, is there something I can do in order to improve
      this speed?
      I think that webalizer taked a long time to analyze
      everything because it was the first time that it have
      runned on this machine... am I right?
      2-) Is there a Virtual Hosts Limit for Webalizer or
      every virtual hosts declared on servers.conf will run?
      I have read about a limit of 300 Virtual Web Sites for
      each machine using Webalizer... if this limit exist, I
      think that I can duplicate the webalizer.exe in another
      folder, and run it as if I were in another server...

      Thanks for everything! I will wait for a reply...

      Best Regards,

      Pedro
      Digiweb Brazil

      On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, sidvicious wrote:

      >Now I am having problems in my IIS date log format.
      >Here in Brazil we represent date this way: DD/MM/YYYY,
      >and the date format inside the log files remains like
      >this. Is there a way to make Webalizer understand this?
      >here is some lines of a log file recorded yesterday:
      >200.222.31.14, -, 3/1/2002, 00:50:31, W3SVC9, BRNT4,
      >200.198.179.7, 100, 660, 0, 200, 0,
      >GET, /scripts/rodoviarios.asp, -,
      >I think that this uncommom format is giving me
      >problems... and I have read something about converting
      >my log files to another type (NSACD or something
      >like this) intead of use IIS default ones...
      >Please... could you try to help me again?

      Looks like your logfiles are in the IIS-format. Unlike
      what I
      may look like, this is not the format that can be read by
      webalizer. The logfile type 'iis' refers to the extended
      W3C
      format (logfiles starts with 'ex' instead of 'in').

      You can convert the logfile to the ncsa-format, however,
      in
      the webalizer config, you'll have to change the logfile
      type
      to 'clf'. Logfile conversion can be done with the tool
      convlog,
      which is a part of Win2K/NT.

      --
      Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-
      2448344

      Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      Quer ter seu próprio endereço na Internet?
      Garanta já o seu e ainda ganhe cinco e-mails personalizados.
      DomíniosBOL - http://dominios.bol.com.br
    • Kees de Keizer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 7, 2002
        Op 07-01-2002 schreef sidvicious:

        > 1-) I think that the webalizer is running too slow in my
        > machine, is there something I can do in order to improve
        > this speed?
        > I think that webalizer taked a long time to analyze
        > everything because it was the first time that it have
        > runned on this machine... am I right?

        The first time webalizer has to calculate everything, but
        if you use the Incremental option, you can rename old
        logfiles, so that they won't be processed a second time.

        > 2-) Is there a Virtual Hosts Limit for Webalizer or
        > every virtual hosts declared on servers.conf will run?
        > I have read about a limit of 300 Virtual Web Sites for
        > each machine using Webalizer...

        I'm not aware of a limit, but over 300 virtual web sites
        for one host is a LOT for an IIS server.

        > if this limit exist, I think that I can duplicate the
        > webalizer.exe in another folder, and run it as if I were
        > in another server...

        You could duplicate the config files and start webalizer with
        a different config: webalizer -c webalizer2.conf

        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        I have your letter - A letter which I rather resent! [The Phantom]
      • Jean-Noel Hayart
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 7, 2002
          hi

          > Op 07-01-2002 schreef sidvicious:
          >
          > > 1-) I think that the webalizer is running too slow in my
          > > machine, is there something I can do in order to improve
          > > this speed?
          > > I think that webalizer taked a long time to analyze
          > > everything because it was the first time that it have
          > > runned on this machine... am I right?
          >
          > The first time webalizer has to calculate everything, but
          > if you use the Incremental option, you can rename old
          > logfiles, so that they won't be processed a second time.

          good answer

          > > 2-) Is there a Virtual Hosts Limit for Webalizer or
          > > every virtual hosts declared on servers.conf will run?
          > > I have read about a limit of 300 Virtual Web Sites for
          > > each machine using Webalizer...
          >
          > I'm not aware of a limit, but over 300 virtual web sites
          > for one host is a LOT for an IIS server.

          good answer
          you haven't a limit to lines in serverlist file, but you have a limit to 250
          active log in a folder (active is a file with correct extension, *.log )
          Cause i use static array for store this list

          > > if this limit exist, I think that I can duplicate the
          > > webalizer.exe in another folder, and run it as if I were
          > > in another server...
          >
          > You could duplicate the config files and start webalizer with
          > a different config: webalizer -c webalizer2.conf

          yes an other good answer

          regards