Webalizer 2.1 stopped working

  • monkeescollector
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 6, 2002
      I messed with (I think the webalizer.pl) file at the end of last
      month & my webalizer 2 stopped working while I was trying to get some
      FrontPage permissions working. I get the following error messages
      sent to my root directory on my Cobalt raq3:

      sh: /home/sites/ns1.myhost.com/logs/web.log: Permission denied
      sh: /home/sites/www.mysite.com/logs/web.log: Permission denied
      sh: /home/sites/www.mysite2.com/logs/web.log: Permission denied
      sh: /home/sites/www.mysite3.net/logs/web.log: Permission denied

      Is this probably from me messing with the file? I though I changed it
      back when the Frontpage fix didn't work. Anyway...If I don't want
      stats, could I just do without the Webalizer file, or does it do
      other things than stats. It really screws with my permissions for
      Frontpage (I know....get rid of Frontpage).

      How do you totally install & reinstall webalizer if it won't be a
      problem?

      Thank you very much in advance.

      Phil