Re: problem setting up webazolver

  • scotty_v
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2002
      > I've been trying to use de webasolver (this parts works out ok I
      > think, at least it create the db file).
      >
      > When I try to solve the log and create the HTML... the IP addresses

      > show up. (yes, I've got all well (I think)
      > here goes my command line (i am still trying it on command
      > line basis)
      >
      > webalizer -o /www/stat/ -D dnscache.db -n
      > domain.test /www/logs/common-log

      When in doubt, read the documentation. Read the DNS.README file that
      comes with webalizer. Chock full of good information. No, really!

      Are you using incremental processing? If you analyzed the logs, then
      ran webazolver, then analyzed them again, the old records might be
      reprocessed unless you delete the history and current files created
      by webalizer.

      Also, not all IP addresses resolve to a name. Some IPs may once have
      resolved, but no longer do. When I started webazolving logs that
      were several months old, I noticed that many fewer of them
      successfully resolved. In short, it's normal to see some unresolved
      IPs in webalizer results.

      good luck!
    • nunosn@iol.pt
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 6, 2002
        Thanks for the tips, but... they aren't going to solve my problem... :(

        I have read DNS.README over and over again... (or I wouldn't be posting). I
        was already expecting for some of the IP's not to solve... it's quite
        normal. But in my case none solves. Or at least... webalizer isn't getting
        the info from the dns data file...

        > > I've been trying to use de webasolver (this parts works out ok I
        > > think, at least it create the db file).
        > >
        > > When I try to solve the log and create the HTML... the IP addresses
        >
        > > show up. (yes, I've got all well (I think)
        > > here goes my command line (i am still trying it on command
        > > line basis)
        > >
        > > webalizer -o /www/stat/ -D dnscache.db -n
        > > domain.test /www/logs/common-log
        >
        > When in doubt, read the documentation. Read the DNS.README file that
        > comes with webalizer. Chock full of good information. No, really!
        >
        > Are you using incremental processing? If you analyzed the logs, then
        > ran webazolver, then analyzed them again, the old records might be
        > reprocessed unless you delete the history and current files created
        > by webalizer.
        >
        > Also, not all IP addresses resolve to a name. Some IPs may once have
        > resolved, but no longer do. When I started webazolving logs that
        > were several months old, I noticed that many fewer of them
        > successfully resolved. In short, it's normal to see some unresolved
        > IPs in webalizer results.
        >
        > good luck!

        __________
        http://www.IOL.pt
        Todo o mundo passa por aqui!
      • Jean-Noel Hayart
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2002
          hi

          with system you use ?
          cause in windows version, webasolver is not fully working.

          regards

        • nunosn@iol.pt
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
            I use the statical compiled version of webalizer for linux... (redhat)

            > cause in windows version, webasolver is not fully working.
            >
            > regards

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            http://www.IOL.pt
            Todo o mundo passa por aqui!