Re: Webalizer 2.01

  • scotty_v
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2002
      --- In webalizer@y..., "jsorenson3" <jsorenson3@y...> wrote:
      > I have web 2.01
      >
      > I run the webalizer once a day for my websites. When i check the
      > usage, the type of browser and other things don't show up.
      > Is there anything special that i have to do? Im running
      > apache 1.3.20

      I have two guesses. First, check your log files. Do they list the
      user agent or the other missing information? If not, webalizer
      doesn't stand a chance of compiling those statistics. In this case,
      you will need to configure Apache to write the logs in "combined log
      format", which will include information like user agents and
      referrers. Please see:

      http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html#combined

      Webalizer's README also has similar information, including the exact
      configuration line to use.

      If your logs are already in the proper format, then perhaps you told
      webalizer to skip printing such things? Check your configuration
      file for TopAgents and TopReferrers and make sure these are set to
      non-zero values.

      Good luck!
    • jezbrett69
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
        I've recently upgraded from Webalizer v1.3 to v2.01 running on a
        Cobalt RaQ4 with multiple domains.

        Before the upgrade, all the stats appeared in a stats/ folder under
        the main site (www.whatever.com/stats) - the absolute path
        being /home/sites/sitexx/web/stats - since the upgrade, however, they
        now appear at /home/sites/sitexx/users/stats/web - this cannot be
        reached by the browser method used above.

        Anyone any ideas on this? I checked the webalizer.conf file - the
        OutputDir is remmed out, so the "default" path should be used ...

        TIA
      • AY@Home
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002

          For Webalizer 2 the access is http://domainname/~stats.

          > TIA

        • jezbrett69
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2002
            Cheers for the help. I assume that if I'd read all the readme's I
            would've found that somewhere ...

            Thanks again