Webalizer 2.01

  • jsorenson3
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 5, 2002
      I have web 2.01

      I run the webalizer once a day for my websites. When i check the
      usage, the type of browser and other things don't show up. Is there
      anything special that i have to do? Im running apache 1.3.20

      tia

      Justin
    • scotty_v
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 5, 2002
        --- In webalizer@y..., "jsorenson3" <jsorenson3@y...> wrote:
        > I have web 2.01
        >
        > I run the webalizer once a day for my websites. When i check the
        > usage, the type of browser and other things don't show up.
        > Is there anything special that i have to do? Im running
        > apache 1.3.20

        I have two guesses. First, check your log files. Do they list the
        user agent or the other missing information? If not, webalizer
        doesn't stand a chance of compiling those statistics. In this case,
        you will need to configure Apache to write the logs in "combined log
        format", which will include information like user agents and
        referrers. Please see:

        http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html#combined

        Webalizer's README also has similar information, including the exact
        configuration line to use.

        If your logs are already in the proper format, then perhaps you told
        webalizer to skip printing such things? Check your configuration
        file for TopAgents and TopReferrers and make sure these are set to
        non-zero values.

        Good luck!
      • jezbrett69
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002
          I've recently upgraded from Webalizer v1.3 to v2.01 running on a
          Cobalt RaQ4 with multiple domains.

          Before the upgrade, all the stats appeared in a stats/ folder under
          the main site (www.whatever.com/stats) - the absolute path
          being /home/sites/sitexx/web/stats - since the upgrade, however, they
          now appear at /home/sites/sitexx/users/stats/web - this cannot be
          reached by the browser method used above.

          Anyone any ideas on this? I checked the webalizer.conf file - the
          OutputDir is remmed out, so the "default" path should be used ...

          TIA
        • AY@Home
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2002

            For Webalizer 2 the access is http://domainname/~stats.

            > TIA

          • jezbrett69
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2002
              Cheers for the help. I assume that if I'd read all the readme's I
              would've found that somewhere ...

              Thanks again