problem setting up webazolver

  • nunosn1
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 5, 2002
      Hello,

      I have been trying webalizer. I've got the static compiled version
      for linux.

      I've been trying to use de webasolver (this parts works out ok I
      think, at least it create the db file).

      When I try to solve the log and create the HTML... the IP addresses
      show up. (yes, I've got all well (I think)

      here goes my command line (i am still trying it on command line basis)

      webalizer -o /www/stat/ -D dnscache.db -n
      domain.test /www/logs/common-log
    • scotty_v
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 5, 2002
        > I've been trying to use de webasolver (this parts works out ok I
        > think, at least it create the db file).
        >
        > When I try to solve the log and create the HTML... the IP addresses

        > show up. (yes, I've got all well (I think)
        > here goes my command line (i am still trying it on command
        > line basis)
        >
        > webalizer -o /www/stat/ -D dnscache.db -n
        > domain.test /www/logs/common-log

        When in doubt, read the documentation. Read the DNS.README file that
        comes with webalizer. Chock full of good information. No, really!

        Are you using incremental processing? If you analyzed the logs, then
        ran webazolver, then analyzed them again, the old records might be
        reprocessed unless you delete the history and current files created
        by webalizer.

        Also, not all IP addresses resolve to a name. Some IPs may once have
        resolved, but no longer do. When I started webazolving logs that
        were several months old, I noticed that many fewer of them
        successfully resolved. In short, it's normal to see some unresolved
        IPs in webalizer results.

        good luck!
      • nunosn@iol.pt
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 6, 2002
          Thanks for the tips, but... they aren't going to solve my problem... :(

          I have read DNS.README over and over again... (or I wouldn't be posting). I
          was already expecting for some of the IP's not to solve... it's quite
          normal. But in my case none solves. Or at least... webalizer isn't getting
          the info from the dns data file...

          > > I've been trying to use de webasolver (this parts works out ok I
          > > think, at least it create the db file).
          > >
          > > When I try to solve the log and create the HTML... the IP addresses
          >
          > > show up. (yes, I've got all well (I think)
          > > here goes my command line (i am still trying it on command
          > > line basis)
          > >
          > > webalizer -o /www/stat/ -D dnscache.db -n
          > > domain.test /www/logs/common-log
          >
          > When in doubt, read the documentation. Read the DNS.README file that
          > comes with webalizer. Chock full of good information. No, really!
          >
          > Are you using incremental processing? If you analyzed the logs, then
          > ran webazolver, then analyzed them again, the old records might be
          > reprocessed unless you delete the history and current files created
          > by webalizer.
          >
          > Also, not all IP addresses resolve to a name. Some IPs may once have
          > resolved, but no longer do. When I started webazolving logs that
          > were several months old, I noticed that many fewer of them
          > successfully resolved. In short, it's normal to see some unresolved
          > IPs in webalizer results.
          >
          > good luck!

          __________
          http://www.IOL.pt
          Todo o mundo passa por aqui!
        • Jean-Noel Hayart
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 6, 2002
            hi

            with system you use ?
            cause in windows version, webasolver is not fully working.

            regards

          • nunosn@iol.pt
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 7, 2002
              I use the statical compiled version of webalizer for linux... (redhat)

              > cause in windows version, webasolver is not fully working.
              >
              > regards

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              http://www.IOL.pt
              Todo o mundo passa por aqui!