Re: [webalizer] invalid date format

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 4, 2002
      On Fri, 4 Jan 2002, sidvicious wrote:

      >Now I am having problems in my IIS date log format.
      >Here in Brazil we represent date this way: DD/MM/YYYY,
      >and the date format inside the log files remains like
      >this. Is there a way to make Webalizer understand this?
      >here is some lines of a log file recorded yesterday:
      >200.222.31.14, -, 3/1/2002, 00:50:31, W3SVC9, BRNT4,
      >200.198.179.7, 100, 660, 0, 200, 0,
      >GET, /scripts/rodoviarios.asp, -,
      >I think that this uncommom format is giving me
      >problems... and I have read something about converting
      >my log files to another type (NSACD or something
      >like this) intead of use IIS default ones...
      >Please... could you try to help me again?

      Looks like your logfiles are in the IIS-format. Unlike what I
      may look like, this is not the format that can be read by
      webalizer. The logfile type 'iis' refers to the extended W3C
      format (logfiles starts with 'ex' instead of 'in').

      You can convert the logfile to the ncsa-format, however, in
      the webalizer config, you'll have to change the logfile type
      to 'clf'. Logfile conversion can be done with the tool convlog,
      which is a part of Win2K/NT.

      Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
    • Jean-Noel Hayart
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 6, 2002
        hi

        my win32 port have somes troubles when it read standard (file begin with
        IN????.log)
        you must use W3C log type in IIS (file begin with EX???.log), then continue
        to use logtype to IIS, and webalizer can read correctly data/time.

        goodluck