Webalizer Configuration! Plz help

  • mzmalvi
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2001
      Guys,

      These might be very basic questions but I am pretty new to it, here
      is my problem.

      I have a linux box running Apache WebServer, Webalizer is already
      configured on this server, What I need to do is that

      o Reverse DNS Look up to be set up.
      o Logs to be set up to auto delete.
      o The software should be set up to minimise the maintenance callouts.

      Kindly help me out.

      Regards,
      Mustafa Zafar
    • scotty_v
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 1, 2002
        --- In webalizer@y..., "mzmalvi" <mzmalvi@y...> wrote:
        > Guys,
        >
        > These might be very basic questions but I am pretty new to it, here
        > is my problem.

        Mmm . . . basic questions call for reading the documentation. In
        particular, you want the DNS.README, packaged in with the linux
        .tar.gz. Note the para near the bottom that I failed to read before
        shooting my mouth off on this group: if your stats are fed to
        webalizer by standard input and DNSChildren is specified, it will do
        the DNS lookups and exit.

        > o Logs to be set up to auto delete.

        That's not a webalizer function. You want to look for log rotation
        tools.

        > o The software should be set up to minimise the maintenance
        > callouts.

        I don't really know what you mean by that. Most people find it
        sufficient to have webalizer run by cron daily. Will that suit you?