Re: [webalizer] IIS logfiles and convlog

  • Alex DANVY
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
      The best would be than webalyser or an associated tool convert the logs.
      Today "conlog.exe" is really not a good solution as it looses informations
      such as broswer info during the convertion.
      If someone have infos (URL, TXT, DOC) about different log formats, I am
      ready to make a converter.

      Alex

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
        > The best would be than webalyser or an associated tool
        > convert the logs.
        > Today "conlog.exe" is really not a good solution as it looses
        > informations
        > such as broswer info during the convertion.
        > If someone have infos (URL, TXT, DOC) about different log
        > formats, I am
        > ready to make a converter.

        Can you take the sources from webalizer and adapter a parser?

        Klaus
      • Alex DANVY
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
          Well I am sorry but I only code in Delphi.
          So it will be win32 app but it not so important as only M$ IIS can't make
          logs as we need !

          Alex

        • jnhayart@nordnet.fr
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 9, 2000
            i try to write parser directly in Webalizer for my need and perhaps
            this can help you ...

            http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

            this version 2.01.05 with somes new functions like read directly a
            folder or change extension of log file after process it, can work on
            a lot of web site.
            thank to klaus for first code,

            regards

            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 10, 2000
              Does it work with both IIS logs and WC3 logs ?
              WC3 logs are the default for IIS 5 I think.

              Alex

              > i try to write parser directly in Webalizer for my need and perhaps
              > this can help you ...
              >
              > http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
              >
              > this version 2.01.05 with somes new functions like read directly a
              > folder or change extension of log file after process it, can work on
              > a lot of web site.
              > thank to klaus for first code,
              >
              > regards
              >

              > --- In webalizer@egroups.com, "Alex DANVY" <alex-dan@e...> wrote:
              > > Well I am sorry but I only code in Delphi.
              > > So it will be win32 app but it not so important as only M$ IIS
              > can't make
              > > logs as we need !
              > >
              > > Alex

            • HAYART Jean Noel
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 10, 2000
                for moment it works only with W3C file (in IIS4.0 or 5.0)
                cause i can't find in all my paper description of default log for IIS4.0
                if you can send me i can include it ...

                Thanks