Re: [webalizer] (unknown)

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
      > Thanks for your response..I'm still unable to figure this
      > one out. I'm sorry, I just don't know what you mean by
      > "I would like to see the stats sorted by 'visits'. Hits
      > and the other stuff is unimportant."

      Looks like a hosed configuration.. the only site listed is your
      own. In particular, check your Ignore* directives and make sure
      your PageType settings are correct.

      Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for
      peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish
      to be a devotee of truth, then inquire. -- Nietzsche
    • Chris Mason
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 9, 2001
        When I look at my logs on http://www.altamer.com/logs/, the figures for
        Saturday are very, very low. This can't be accurate. Is there something
        that I could have misconfigured, or is Webalizer broken?

        Chris Mason
      • Ionut Lupsa
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 11, 2002
          First you should hide refferers

          # Your own site should be hidden
          HideSite *yoursite.com
          HideSite localhost

          # Your own site gives most referrals
          HideReferrer yoursite.com/

          and then you should uncomment and fill the following field
          IgnoreSite your IP

          That's it!

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 11, 2002
            Look at the webalizer.conf file under the Hide directives.

            > I'm wondering how I can filter my own IP addresses out of webalizer's
            reports, so I don't include my own traffic. Have looked through the docs
            that come with webalizer, and the ones at it's site. Do most people just
            grep their own hits out?

            > Thanks,
            >
            > Ale
            >
            > --
            > Alejandro Fernandez
            > Electronic Group Interactive
            > --+34-65-232-8086--

          • Bill Glick
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 19, 2004
              Robert,

              I have a similar issue where my log files are rotated daily and named
              according to month and date. I solved the problem by creating a script that
              runs daily to copy today's log file to a temp directory and rename the file.
              Then my script runs webalizer against this temporary log file. Once
              webalizer finishes processing the temporary log file, I then delete the
              temporary log file and I'm ready for tomorrow's script to run.

              You could do something similar where your script would unzip your log files,
              concatenate them, and put your new temporary log file in a set location.
              Then always run webalizer against your temporary log file.

              -Bill