Re: [webalizer] (unknown)

  • tom bensky
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
      Dear KS-

      Thanks for your response..I'm still unable to figure this
      one out. I'm sorry, I just don't know what you mean by
      "I would like to see the stats sorted by 'visits'. Hits
      and the other stuff is unimportant."

      You can look at my webalizer generated summary here:

      http://www.fearofphysics.com/Usage

      Again, the problem I'm having is that my visits are always
      set at "1"

      Thanks for any help you can provide.
      Tom Bensky

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
        > Thanks for your response..I'm still unable to figure this
        > one out. I'm sorry, I just don't know what you mean by
        > "I would like to see the stats sorted by 'visits'. Hits
        > and the other stuff is unimportant."

        Looks like a hosed configuration.. the only site listed is your
        own. In particular, check your Ignore* directives and make sure
        your PageType settings are correct.

        Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for
        peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish
        to be a devotee of truth, then inquire. -- Nietzsche
      • Chris Mason
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 9, 2001
          When I look at my logs on http://www.altamer.com/logs/, the figures for
          Saturday are very, very low. This can't be accurate. Is there something
          that I could have misconfigured, or is Webalizer broken?

          Chris Mason
        • Ionut Lupsa
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 11, 2002
            First you should hide refferers

            # Your own site should be hidden
            HideSite *yoursite.com
            HideSite localhost

            # Your own site gives most referrals
            HideReferrer yoursite.com/

            and then you should uncomment and fill the following field
            IgnoreSite your IP

            That's it!

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 11, 2002
              Look at the webalizer.conf file under the Hide directives.

              > I'm wondering how I can filter my own IP addresses out of webalizer's
              reports, so I don't include my own traffic. Have looked through the docs
              that come with webalizer, and the ones at it's site. Do most people just
              grep their own hits out?

              > Thanks,
              >
              > Ale
              >
              > --
              > Alejandro Fernandez
              > Electronic Group Interactive
              > --+34-65-232-8086--

            • Bill Glick
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 19, 2004
                Robert,

                I have a similar issue where my log files are rotated daily and named
                according to month and date. I solved the problem by creating a script that
                runs daily to copy today's log file to a temp directory and rename the file.
                Then my script runs webalizer against this temporary log file. Once
                webalizer finishes processing the temporary log file, I then delete the
                temporary log file and I'm ready for tomorrow's script to run.

                You could do something similar where your script would unzip your log files,
                concatenate them, and put your new temporary log file in a set location.
                Then always run webalizer against your temporary log file.

                -Bill