Re: [webalizer] Webalizer on NT/Win2k - Help

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
      Op 06-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:

      > Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !
      >
      > If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
      > http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it
      > talks about setting up a seperate webalizer.conf file for each
      > domain, whereas as you suggested and as mentioned in sample.conf,
      > there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file, listing
      > all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it
      > in the webalizer.conf file.

      > Which is the correct way ?

      I believe both are correct, although I haven't tried Dandy's
      method. With Dandy's method you set the main parameters per
      site, while the method as described in the sample.conf sets
      the parameters for all sites equal.

      Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
      We have no king but Caesar! [JC Superstar]
    • Mel Wade
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
        That's correct. There is no right way. It depends on the level of
        customization you require and the amount of work you want to do to
        maintain Webalizer. I chose the option described in the .conf file
        because it was the easiest way to setup a new site. All I had to do is
        add one entry to my server list file and everything was running.

        Although I haven't tried it, I'm sure you could even use a combination
        of both methods if you just had a few sites that needed a higher level
        of customization.

        If you don't have much experience with Webalizer I would recommend that
        you begin with the easiest method (described in the .conf file) then add
        advanced features later after your comfort and success levels are
        higher.

        Mel

        > Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !
        >
        > If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
        > http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it
        > talks about setting up a seperate webalizer.conf file for each
        > domain, whereas as you suggested and as mentioned in sample.conf,
        > there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file, listing
        > all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it
        > in the webalizer.conf file.

        > Which is the correct way ?

        I believe both are correct, although I haven't tried Dandy's
        method. With Dandy's method you set the main parameters per
        site, while the method as described in the sample.conf sets
        the parameters for all sites equal.

        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        We have no king but Caesar! [JC Superstar]

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/