IIS logfiles and convlog

  • dav-info@t-online.de
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
      Hi everybody,

      Under Windows NT 4.0 (german language), I use convlog.exe to convert
      extended logfiles to ncsa format.
      In September everything works fine, since October now, my batches do
      not work anymore.
      The reason is a german abbreviation of months i.e. "Okt" for "Oct" in
      date-output-string. I've tested several US versions of convlog and
      changed the country profile in NT to english - but convlog doesn't
      change its output.

      nybody an Idea or do I have to ask Bill?

      Regards
      Arno Garrels
    • Alex DANVY
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
        The best would be than webalyser or an associated tool convert the logs.
        Today "conlog.exe" is really not a good solution as it looses informations
        such as broswer info during the convertion.
        If someone have infos (URL, TXT, DOC) about different log formats, I am
        ready to make a converter.

        Alex

        > Under Windows NT 4.0 (german language), I use convlog.exe to convert
        > extended logfiles to ncsa format.
        > In September everything works fine, since October now, my batches do
        > not work anymore.
        > The reason is a german abbreviation of months i.e. "Okt" for "Oct" in
        > date-output-string. I've tested several US versions of convlog and
        > changed the country profile in NT to english - but convlog doesn't
        > change its output.
        >
        > nybody an Idea or do I have to ask Bill?
        >
        > Regards
        > Arno Garrels

        > Webalizer for NT: http://private.homepages.intershop.de/klaus/webalizer/

      • Klaus Mueller
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
          > The best would be than webalyser or an associated tool
          > convert the logs.
          > Today "conlog.exe" is really not a good solution as it looses
          > informations
          > such as broswer info during the convertion.
          > If someone have infos (URL, TXT, DOC) about different log
          > formats, I am
          > ready to make a converter.

          Can you take the sources from webalizer and adapter a parser?

          Klaus
        • Alex DANVY
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
            Well I am sorry but I only code in Delphi.
            So it will be win32 app but it not so important as only M$ IIS can't make
            logs as we need !

            Alex

          • jnhayart@nordnet.fr
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 9, 2000
              i try to write parser directly in Webalizer for my need and perhaps
              this can help you ...

              http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

              this version 2.01.05 with somes new functions like read directly a
              folder or change extension of log file after process it, can work on
              a lot of web site.
              thank to klaus for first code,

              regards

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 10, 2000
                Does it work with both IIS logs and WC3 logs ?
                WC3 logs are the default for IIS 5 I think.

                Alex

                > i try to write parser directly in Webalizer for my need and perhaps
                > this can help you ...
                >
                > http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
                >
                > this version 2.01.05 with somes new functions like read directly a
                > folder or change extension of log file after process it, can work on
                > a lot of web site.
                > thank to klaus for first code,
                >
                > regards
                >

                > --- In webalizer@egroups.com, "Alex DANVY" <alex-dan@e...> wrote:
                > > Well I am sorry but I only code in Delphi.
                > > So it will be win32 app but it not so important as only M$ IIS
                > can't make
                > > logs as we need !
                > >
                > > Alex

              • HAYART Jean Noel
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 10, 2000
                  for moment it works only with W3C file (in IIS4.0 or 5.0)
                  cause i can't find in all my paper description of default log for IIS4.0
                  if you can send me i can include it ...

                  Thanks