Re: [webalizer] Webalizer on NT/Win2k - Help

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
      Op 06-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:

      > Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !
      >
      > If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
      > http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it
      > talks about setting up a seperate webalizer.conf file for each
      > domain, whereas as you suggested and as mentioned in sample.conf,
      > there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file, listing
      > all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it
      > in the webalizer.conf file.

      > Which is the correct way ?

      I believe both are correct, although I haven't tried Dandy's
      method. With Dandy's method you set the main parameters per
      site, while the method as described in the sample.conf sets
      the parameters for all sites equal.

      Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
      We have no king but Caesar! [JC Superstar]
    • Gurpreet Singh
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
        Kees,

        Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !

        If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
        http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it talks about setting up a
        seperate webalizer.conf file for each domain, whereas as you suggested and as
        mentioned in sample.conf, there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file,
        listing all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it in the
        webalizer.conf file.

        Which is the correct way ?

        GP

        Kees de Keizer wrote:

        > Op 05-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:
        >
        > > As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on how to
        > > setup Webalizer for multiple domains.
        > >
        > > Can anyone help ?
        >
        > The sample.conf DO have all the information you need:
        >
        > # Name of file contain list of server to process like for each line :
        > # Name of Customer<SPACE>LogFolder<SPACE>OutputFolder<SPACE>HostName1;HostName2
        > # sample (extract of production file, who have 255 lines)
        > # all of option in this file apply to all reports ...
        > # New in this file you can use coma (") for delimit field
        > # wA001 c:\WA001\LogIIS\ c:\wA001\stats wa001;www1.jeanlouisaubert.com
        > # wA002 c:\WA002\LogIIS\ c:\wA002\stats wa002;www.restotel.fr;www.nordpage.fr
        > # wA003 c:\WA003\LogIIS\ c:\wA003\stats Wa003;www.autobusavapeur.com
        >
        > #ServerList c:\jnhdev\webalizer\listeserv.txt
        >
        > --
        > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
        > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@...
        > Let the fighting spirit win! [Crazy for You]

        Gurpreet Singh

        President/CEO
        DelhiNet Web Services Pvt. Ltd.

        Mobile: +91-9811088399 | E-Fax: +1(503) 2149982
        Yahoo! Messanger ID on Mobile (always on, 24 hours) : delhinet
        E-Mail: mailto:gp@... | Web Site: http://allindianet.com

        Contact Details at http://allindianet.com/contact
        ICQ Pager: 12560431 | AOL Instant Messanger Screen name: GPSDNET
        MSN Messanger User Name: mohindragps | Yahoo! Messanger ID: gpsdnet

        The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended only for the
        use of the recipient and may be confidential and privileged. Unauthorized use,
        disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited, and unlawful. If you have
        received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.
      • Mel Wade
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
          That's correct. There is no right way. It depends on the level of
          customization you require and the amount of work you want to do to
          maintain Webalizer. I chose the option described in the .conf file
          because it was the easiest way to setup a new site. All I had to do is
          add one entry to my server list file and everything was running.

          Although I haven't tried it, I'm sure you could even use a combination
          of both methods if you just had a few sites that needed a higher level
          of customization.

          If you don't have much experience with Webalizer I would recommend that
          you begin with the easiest method (described in the .conf file) then add
          advanced features later after your comfort and success levels are
          higher.

          Mel

          > Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !
          >
          > If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
          > http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it
          > talks about setting up a seperate webalizer.conf file for each
          > domain, whereas as you suggested and as mentioned in sample.conf,
          > there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file, listing
          > all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it
          > in the webalizer.conf file.

          > Which is the correct way ?

          I believe both are correct, although I haven't tried Dandy's
          method. With Dandy's method you set the main parameters per
          site, while the method as described in the sample.conf sets
          the parameters for all sites equal.

          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
          We have no king but Caesar! [JC Superstar]

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/