Re: [webalizer] what's wrong with my CRONTAB?

  • Sentient Organism
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2001
      In message <9u59l8+7m1j@...>, robinson_chenyong@... writes:
      | can anyone help me ?
      | I cannot use my crontab to do anything,it seems out of work.
      | it doesn't work !
      | what's the problem?

      What operating system are you using? If Linux or FreeBSD or similar, does

      ps aux|grep [c]ron

      produce any output? If Solaris, does

      ps -eaf|grep [c]ron

      produce any output? I.e. is the daemon running? If you crontab -e and add

      * * * * * /bin/echo foo

      does your inbox suddenly starting filling up with email from cron?

      Later,
      David