Daily updates

  • afrihost
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2001
      Hi

      I am running Redhat 6.2 with Webalizer 1.3 and ould like to know what
      the best way of running it is. Prior to now I have been running it
      bi-monthly but every run doing a full logresolve on the log file and
      then running the Webalizer on the resolved log file. I have now
      split up the log files so they get moved daily to a central storage.
      So I would like to run the Webalizer daily on the days (much smaller)
      log file. I am battling with the incremental useage and just having
      trouble in general.
      I have tried : doing logresolve on small file, then adding it to big
      storage file and running Webalizer on that - but then seem to be
      missing the last 2 months.
      : Also tried doing the logresolve on small file, then running
      webalizer on small file before merging them, but then only get that
      days logs - seems to erase the previous daily logs (still keeps the
      monthly stats though - presume from the .hist file)

      Can anyone help?

      Thanks
      Peter
      peter@...