  • tom bensky
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
      hello all..

      I run the site www.fearofphysics.com. I am using webalizer.
      When I run it against my usage logs, the statistics on
      hits, pages, and files all give reasonable numbers. For
      some reason though, the 'visits' are always at "1." Even
      though the other numbers increase as time goes on, the
      visits
      always stay at 1. This would be a useful statistic for
      me...can anyone help me to get the visits registering?

      I'm running webalizer this way:

      ./webalizer -p /var/log/httpd/access

      Thanks,
      Tom Bensky

      http://shopping.yahoo.com
    • ftnx@ksbase.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
        Wednesday December 05 2001 09:57, tom bensky wrote to All:

        tb> When I run it against my usage logs, the statistics on
        tb> hits, pages, and files all give reasonable numbers. For
        tb> some reason though, the 'visits' are always at "1." Even

        I would like to see the stats sorted by 'visits'. Hits and the other
        stuff is unimportant.

        KS

        KARICO Business Services
        Toronto, ON Canada
        http://www.karico.ca
      • tom bensky
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
          Dear KS-

          Thanks for your response..I'm still unable to figure this
          one out. I'm sorry, I just don't know what you mean by
          "I would like to see the stats sorted by 'visits'. Hits
          and the other stuff is unimportant."

          You can look at my webalizer generated summary here:

          http://www.fearofphysics.com/Usage

          Again, the problem I'm having is that my visits are always
          set at "1"

          Thanks for any help you can provide.
          Tom Bensky

          http://greetings.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
            > Thanks for your response..I'm still unable to figure this
            > one out. I'm sorry, I just don't know what you mean by
            > "I would like to see the stats sorted by 'visits'. Hits
            > and the other stuff is unimportant."

            Looks like a hosed configuration.. the only site listed is your
            own. In particular, check your Ignore* directives and make sure
            your PageType settings are correct.

            Here the ways of men part: if you wish to strive for
            peace of soul and pleasure, then believe; if you wish
            to be a devotee of truth, then inquire. -- Nietzsche
          • Chris Mason
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 9, 2001
              When I look at my logs on http://www.altamer.com/logs/, the figures for
              Saturday are very, very low. This can't be accurate. Is there something
              that I could have misconfigured, or is Webalizer broken?

              Chris Mason
            • Ionut Lupsa
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 11, 2002
                First you should hide refferers

                # Your own site should be hidden
                HideSite *yoursite.com
                HideSite localhost

                # Your own site gives most referrals
                HideReferrer yoursite.com/

                and then you should uncomment and fill the following field
                IgnoreSite your IP

                That's it!

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 11, 2002
                  Look at the webalizer.conf file under the Hide directives.

                  > I'm wondering how I can filter my own IP addresses out of webalizer's
                  reports, so I don't include my own traffic. Have looked through the docs
                  that come with webalizer, and the ones at it's site. Do most people just
                  grep their own hits out?

                  > Thanks,
                  >
                  > Ale
                  >
                  > --
                  > Alejandro Fernandez
                  > Electronic Group Interactive
                  > --+34-65-232-8086--

                • Bill Glick
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jan 19, 2004
                    Robert,

                    I have a similar issue where my log files are rotated daily and named
                    according to month and date. I solved the problem by creating a script that
                    runs daily to copy today's log file to a temp directory and rename the file.
                    Then my script runs webalizer against this temporary log file. Once
                    webalizer finishes processing the temporary log file, I then delete the
                    temporary log file and I'm ready for tomorrow's script to run.

                    You could do something similar where your script would unzip your log files,
                    concatenate them, and put your new temporary log file in a set location.
                    Then always run webalizer against your temporary log file.

                    -Bill