Re: [webalizer] Webalizer on NT/Win2k - Help

  • Kees de Keizer
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
      Op 05-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:

      > As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on how to
      > setup Webalizer for multiple domains.
      >
      > Can anyone help ?

      The sample.conf DO have all the information you need:

      # Name of file contain list of server to process like for each line :
      # Name of Customer<SPACE>LogFolder<SPACE>OutputFolder<SPACE>HostName1;HostName2
      # sample (extract of production file, who have 255 lines)
      # all of option in this file apply to all reports ...
      # New in this file you can use coma (") for delimit field
      # wA001 c:\WA001\LogIIS\ c:\wA001\stats wa001;www1.jeanlouisaubert.com
      # wA002 c:\WA002\LogIIS\ c:\wA002\stats wa002;www.restotel.fr;www.nordpage.fr
      # wA003 c:\WA003\LogIIS\ c:\wA003\stats Wa003;www.autobusavapeur.com

      #ServerList c:\jnhdev\webalizer\listeserv.txt

      Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
      Let the fighting spirit win! [Crazy for You]
    • Gurpreet Singh
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
        Neil,

        Agreed I got a reply to my query from Mel, but there is no mail prior to that
        from Mel about 'Webalizer on NT/Win2k'.

        Further, the link given by Mel in his mail i.e.
        http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, does not work, and
        seems to be disabled (Will try again later)

        As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on how to
        setup Webalizer for multiple domains.

        Can anyone help ?

        GP

        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
          "All those hashes make my eyes go squiffy!"

          neilhighley@...
          "Life must be lived as play."
          - Plato (427 - 347 BC)

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
            Op 06-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:

            > Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !
            >
            > If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
            > http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it
            > talks about setting up a seperate webalizer.conf file for each
            > domain, whereas as you suggested and as mentioned in sample.conf,
            > there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file, listing
            > all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it
            > in the webalizer.conf file.

            > Which is the correct way ?

            I believe both are correct, although I haven't tried Dandy's
            method. With Dandy's method you set the main parameters per
            site, while the method as described in the sample.conf sets
            the parameters for all sites equal.

            Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
            We have no king but Caesar! [JC Superstar]
          • Gurpreet Singh
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
              Kees,

              Kees de Keizer wrote:

              > Op 05-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:
              >
              > > As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on how to
              > > setup Webalizer for multiple domains.
              > >
              > > Can anyone help ?
              >
              > The sample.conf DO have all the information you need:
              >
              > # Name of file contain list of server to process like for each line :
              > # Name of Customer<SPACE>LogFolder<SPACE>OutputFolder<SPACE>HostName1;HostName2
              > # sample (extract of production file, who have 255 lines)
              > # all of option in this file apply to all reports ...
              > # New in this file you can use coma (") for delimit field
              > # wA001 c:\WA001\LogIIS\ c:\wA001\stats wa001;www1.jeanlouisaubert.com
              > # wA002 c:\WA002\LogIIS\ c:\wA002\stats wa002;www.restotel.fr;www.nordpage.fr
              > # wA003 c:\WA003\LogIIS\ c:\wA003\stats Wa003;www.autobusavapeur.com
              >
              > #ServerList c:\jnhdev\webalizer\listeserv.txt
              >
              > --
              > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
              > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
              > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@...
              > Let the fighting spirit win! [Crazy for You]

              Gurpreet Singh

              President/CEO
              DelhiNet Web Services Pvt. Ltd.

              Mobile: +91-9811088399 | E-Fax: +1(503) 2149982
              Yahoo! Messanger ID on Mobile (always on, 24 hours) : delhinet
              E-Mail: mailto:gp@... | Web Site: http://allindianet.com

              Contact Details at http://allindianet.com/contact
              ICQ Pager: 12560431 | AOL Instant Messanger Screen name: GPSDNET
              MSN Messanger User Name: mohindragps | Yahoo! Messanger ID: gpsdnet

              The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended only for the
              use of the recipient and may be confidential and privileged. Unauthorized use,
              disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited, and unlawful. If you have
              received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.
            • Mel Wade
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
                That's correct. There is no right way. It depends on the level of
                customization you require and the amount of work you want to do to
                maintain Webalizer. I chose the option described in the .conf file
                because it was the easiest way to setup a new site. All I had to do is
                add one entry to my server list file and everything was running.

                Although I haven't tried it, I'm sure you could even use a combination
                of both methods if you just had a few sites that needed a higher level
                of customization.

                If you don't have much experience with Webalizer I would recommend that
                you begin with the easiest method (described in the .conf file) then add
                advanced features later after your comfort and success levels are
                higher.

                Mel

                > Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !
                >
                > If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
                > http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it
                > talks about setting up a seperate webalizer.conf file for each
                > domain, whereas as you suggested and as mentioned in sample.conf,
                > there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file, listing
                > all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it
                > in the webalizer.conf file.

                > Which is the correct way ?

                I believe both are correct, although I haven't tried Dandy's
                method. With Dandy's method you set the main parameters per
                site, while the method as described in the sample.conf sets
                the parameters for all sites equal.

                Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
                We have no king but Caesar! [JC Superstar]

                Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/