RE: [webalizer] IIS logfiles and convlog

  • Eugene van der Merwe
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 29, 2000
      Yes this is an annoying problem, because referrer is also lost, and referrer
      is most usefull data.

      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
        Hi everybody,

        Under Windows NT 4.0 (german language), I use convlog.exe to convert
        extended logfiles to ncsa format.
        In September everything works fine, since October now, my batches do
        not work anymore.
        The reason is a german abbreviation of months i.e. "Okt" for "Oct" in
        date-output-string. I've tested several US versions of convlog and
        changed the country profile in NT to english - but convlog doesn't
        change its output.

        nybody an Idea or do I have to ask Bill?

        Regards
        Arno Garrels
      • Alex DANVY
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
          The best would be than webalyser or an associated tool convert the logs.
          Today "conlog.exe" is really not a good solution as it looses informations
          such as broswer info during the convertion.
          If someone have infos (URL, TXT, DOC) about different log formats, I am
          ready to make a converter.

          Alex

          > Under Windows NT 4.0 (german language), I use convlog.exe to convert
          > extended logfiles to ncsa format.
          > In September everything works fine, since October now, my batches do
          > not work anymore.
          > The reason is a german abbreviation of months i.e. "Okt" for "Oct" in
          > date-output-string. I've tested several US versions of convlog and
          > changed the country profile in NT to english - but convlog doesn't
          > change its output.
          >
          > nybody an Idea or do I have to ask Bill?
          >
          > Regards
          > Arno Garrels

          > Webalizer for NT: http://private.homepages.intershop.de/klaus/webalizer/

        • Klaus Mueller
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
            > The best would be than webalyser or an associated tool
            > convert the logs.
            > Today "conlog.exe" is really not a good solution as it looses
            > informations
            > such as broswer info during the convertion.
            > If someone have infos (URL, TXT, DOC) about different log
            > formats, I am
            > ready to make a converter.

            Can you take the sources from webalizer and adapter a parser?

            Klaus
          • Alex DANVY
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 4, 2000
              Well I am sorry but I only code in Delphi.
              So it will be win32 app but it not so important as only M$ IIS can't make
              logs as we need !

              Alex

            • jnhayart@nordnet.fr
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 9, 2000
                i try to write parser directly in Webalizer for my need and perhaps
                this can help you ...

                http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/

                this version 2.01.05 with somes new functions like read directly a
                folder or change extension of log file after process it, can work on
                a lot of web site.
                thank to klaus for first code,

                regards

                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 10, 2000
                  Does it work with both IIS logs and WC3 logs ?
                  WC3 logs are the default for IIS 5 I think.

                  Alex

                  > i try to write parser directly in Webalizer for my need and perhaps
                  > this can help you ...
                  >
                  > http://www.medasys-lille.com/webalizer/
                  >
                  > this version 2.01.05 with somes new functions like read directly a
                  > folder or change extension of log file after process it, can work on
                  > a lot of web site.
                  > thank to klaus for first code,
                  >
                  > regards
                  >

                  > --- In webalizer@egroups.com, "Alex DANVY" <alex-dan@e...> wrote:
                  > > Well I am sorry but I only code in Delphi.
                  > > So it will be win32 app but it not so important as only M$ IIS
                  > can't make
                  > > logs as we need !
                  > >
                  > > Alex

                • HAYART Jean Noel
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 10, 2000
                    for moment it works only with W3C file (in IIS4.0 or 5.0)
                    cause i can't find in all my paper description of default log for IIS4.0
                    if you can send me i can include it ...

                    Thanks