Re: [webalizer] Webalizer on NT/Win2k - Help

  • Neil Highley
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
      Check the archives, or Mel Wade's post previously, don't just spuriously ask
      a question without doing this.

      neilhighley@...
      "Life must be lived as play."
      - Plato (427 - 347 BC)

      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
        Op 05-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:

        > As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on how to
        > setup Webalizer for multiple domains.
        >
        > Can anyone help ?

        The sample.conf DO have all the information you need:

        # Name of file contain list of server to process like for each line :
        # Name of Customer<SPACE>LogFolder<SPACE>OutputFolder<SPACE>HostName1;HostName2
        # sample (extract of production file, who have 255 lines)
        # all of option in this file apply to all reports ...
        # New in this file you can use coma (") for delimit field
        # wA001 c:\WA001\LogIIS\ c:\wA001\stats wa001;www1.jeanlouisaubert.com
        # wA002 c:\WA002\LogIIS\ c:\wA002\stats wa002;www.restotel.fr;www.nordpage.fr
        # wA003 c:\WA003\LogIIS\ c:\wA003\stats Wa003;www.autobusavapeur.com

        #ServerList c:\jnhdev\webalizer\listeserv.txt

        Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
        Let the fighting spirit win! [Crazy for You]
      • Gurpreet Singh
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
          Neil,

          Agreed I got a reply to my query from Mel, but there is no mail prior to that
          from Mel about 'Webalizer on NT/Win2k'.

          Further, the link given by Mel in his mail i.e.
          http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, does not work, and
          seems to be disabled (Will try again later)

          As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on how to
          setup Webalizer for multiple domains.

          Can anyone help ?

          GP

          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
            "All those hashes make my eyes go squiffy!"

            neilhighley@...
            "Life must be lived as play."
            - Plato (427 - 347 BC)
            > > As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on
            how to
            > > setup Webalizer for multiple domains.
            > >
            > > Can anyone help ?
            >
            > The sample.conf DO have all the information you need:
            >
            > # Name of file contain list of server to process like for each line :
            > # Name of
            Customer<SPACE>LogFolder<SPACE>OutputFolder<SPACE>HostName1;HostName2
            > # sample (extract of production file, who have 255 lines)
            > # all of option in this file apply to all reports ...
            > # New in this file you can use coma (") for delimit field
            > # wA001 c:\WA001\LogIIS\ c:\wA001\stats wa001;www1.jeanlouisaubert.com
            > # wA002 c:\WA002\LogIIS\ c:\wA002\stats
            wa002;www.restotel.fr;www.nordpage.fr
            > # wA003 c:\WA003\LogIIS\ c:\wA003\stats Wa003;www.autobusavapeur.com
            >
            > #ServerList c:\jnhdev\webalizer\listeserv.txt
            >

            > --
            > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
            > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
            > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@...
            > Let the fighting spirit win! [Crazy for You]

          • Kees de Keizer
            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
              Op 06-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:

              > Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !
              >
              > If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
              > http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it
              > talks about setting up a seperate webalizer.conf file for each
              > domain, whereas as you suggested and as mentioned in sample.conf,
              > there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file, listing
              > all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it
              > in the webalizer.conf file.

              > Which is the correct way ?

              I believe both are correct, although I haven't tried Dandy's
              method. With Dandy's method you set the main parameters per
              site, while the method as described in the sample.conf sets
              the parameters for all sites equal.

              Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
              We have no king but Caesar! [JC Superstar]
            • Gurpreet Singh
              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
                Kees,

                Kees de Keizer wrote:

                > Op 05-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:
                >
                > > As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on how to
                > > setup Webalizer for multiple domains.
                > >
                > > Can anyone help ?
                >
                > The sample.conf DO have all the information you need:
                >
                > # Name of file contain list of server to process like for each line :
                > # Name of Customer<SPACE>LogFolder<SPACE>OutputFolder<SPACE>HostName1;HostName2
                > # sample (extract of production file, who have 255 lines)
                > # all of option in this file apply to all reports ...
                > # New in this file you can use coma (") for delimit field
                > # wA001 c:\WA001\LogIIS\ c:\wA001\stats wa001;www1.jeanlouisaubert.com
                > # wA002 c:\WA002\LogIIS\ c:\wA002\stats wa002;www.restotel.fr;www.nordpage.fr
                > # wA003 c:\WA003\LogIIS\ c:\wA003\stats Wa003;www.autobusavapeur.com
                >
                > #ServerList c:\jnhdev\webalizer\listeserv.txt
                >
                > --
                > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
                > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
                > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@...
                > Let the fighting spirit win! [Crazy for You]

                Gurpreet Singh

                President/CEO
                DelhiNet Web Services Pvt. Ltd.

                Mobile: +91-9811088399 | E-Fax: +1(503) 2149982
                Yahoo! Messanger ID on Mobile (always on, 24 hours) : delhinet
                E-Mail: mailto:gp@... | Web Site: http://allindianet.com

                Contact Details at http://allindianet.com/contact
                ICQ Pager: 12560431 | AOL Instant Messanger Screen name: GPSDNET
                MSN Messanger User Name: mohindragps | Yahoo! Messanger ID: gpsdnet

                The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended only for the
                use of the recipient and may be confidential and privileged. Unauthorized use,
                disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited, and unlawful. If you have
                received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.
              • Mel Wade
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
                  That's correct. There is no right way. It depends on the level of
                  customization you require and the amount of work you want to do to
                  maintain Webalizer. I chose the option described in the .conf file
                  because it was the easiest way to setup a new site. All I had to do is
                  add one entry to my server list file and everything was running.

                  Although I haven't tried it, I'm sure you could even use a combination
                  of both methods if you just had a few sites that needed a higher level
                  of customization.

                  If you don't have much experience with Webalizer I would recommend that
                  you begin with the easiest method (described in the .conf file) then add
                  advanced features later after your comfort and success levels are
                  higher.

                  Mel

                  > Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !
                  >
                  > If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
                  > http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it
                  > talks about setting up a seperate webalizer.conf file for each
                  > domain, whereas as you suggested and as mentioned in sample.conf,
                  > there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file, listing
                  > all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it
                  > in the webalizer.conf file.

                  > Which is the correct way ?

                  I believe both are correct, although I haven't tried Dandy's
                  method. With Dandy's method you set the main parameters per
                  site, while the method as described in the sample.conf sets
                  the parameters for all sites equal.

                  Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
                  We have no king but Caesar! [JC Superstar]

                  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/