Webalizer on NT/Win2k - Help

  • Gurpreet Singh
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 4, 2001
      Hello,

      Are there instructions available anywhere as to how one can use /
      install / configure webalizer on
      NT / win2k, especially in a multi-domain scenario ?

      Thanks,

      --
      Gurpreet Singh

      President/CEO
      DelhiNet Web Services Pvt. Ltd.

      Mobile: +91-9811088399 | E-Fax: +1(503) 2149982
      Yahoo! Messanger ID on Mobile (always on, 24 hours) : delhinet
      E-Mail: mailto:gp@... | Web Site: http://allindianet.com

      Contact Details at http://allindianet.com/contact
      ICQ Pager: 12560431 | AOL Instant Messanger Screen name: GPSDNET
      MSN Messanger User Name: mohindragps | Yahoo! Messanger ID: gpsdnet

      The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended
      only for the use of the recipient and may be confidential and
      privileged. Unauthorized use, disclosure or reproduction is strictly
      prohibited, and unlawful. If you have received this electronic
      transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.
    • Neil Highley
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
        Check the archives, or Mel Wade's post previously, don't just spuriously ask
        a question without doing this.

        neilhighley@...
        "Life must be lived as play."
        - Plato (427 - 347 BC)

        > Are there instructions available anywhere as to how one can use /
        > install / configure webalizer on
        > NT / win2k, especially in a multi-domain scenario ?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >

        > --
        > Gurpreet Singh
        >
        > President/CEO
        > DelhiNet Web Services Pvt. Ltd.
        >
        > Mobile: +91-9811088399 | E-Fax: +1(503) 2149982
        > Yahoo! Messanger ID on Mobile (always on, 24 hours) : delhinet
        > E-Mail: mailto:gp@... | Web Site: http://allindianet.com
        >
        > Contact Details at http://allindianet.com/contact
        > ICQ Pager: 12560431 | AOL Instant Messanger Screen name: GPSDNET
        > MSN Messanger User Name: mohindragps | Yahoo! Messanger ID: gpsdnet
        >
        > The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended
        > only for the use of the recipient and may be confidential and
        > privileged. Unauthorized use, disclosure or reproduction is strictly
        > prohibited, and unlawful. If you have received this electronic
        > transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.

      • Kees de Keizer
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
          Op 05-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:

          > As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on how to
          > setup Webalizer for multiple domains.
          >
          > Can anyone help ?

          The sample.conf DO have all the information you need:

          # Name of file contain list of server to process like for each line :
          # Name of Customer<SPACE>LogFolder<SPACE>OutputFolder<SPACE>HostName1;HostName2
          # sample (extract of production file, who have 255 lines)
          # all of option in this file apply to all reports ...
          # New in this file you can use coma (") for delimit field
          # wA001 c:\WA001\LogIIS\ c:\wA001\stats wa001;www1.jeanlouisaubert.com
          # wA002 c:\WA002\LogIIS\ c:\wA002\stats wa002;www.restotel.fr;www.nordpage.fr
          # wA003 c:\WA003\LogIIS\ c:\wA003\stats Wa003;www.autobusavapeur.com

          #ServerList c:\jnhdev\webalizer\listeserv.txt

          Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
          Let the fighting spirit win! [Crazy for You]
        • Gurpreet Singh
          Message 4 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
            Neil,

            Agreed I got a reply to my query from Mel, but there is no mail prior to that
            from Mel about 'Webalizer on NT/Win2k'.

            Further, the link given by Mel in his mail i.e.
            http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, does not work, and
            seems to be disabled (Will try again later)

            As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on how to
            setup Webalizer for multiple domains.

            Can anyone help ?

            GP

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 5, 2001
              "All those hashes make my eyes go squiffy!"

              neilhighley@...
              "Life must be lived as play."
              - Plato (427 - 347 BC)

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
                Op 06-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:

                > Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !
                >
                > If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
                > http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it
                > talks about setting up a seperate webalizer.conf file for each
                > domain, whereas as you suggested and as mentioned in sample.conf,
                > there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file, listing
                > all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it
                > in the webalizer.conf file.

                > Which is the correct way ?

                I believe both are correct, although I haven't tried Dandy's
                method. With Dandy's method you set the main parameters per
                site, while the method as described in the sample.conf sets
                the parameters for all sites equal.

                Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
                We have no king but Caesar! [JC Superstar]
              • Gurpreet Singh
                Message 7 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
                  Kees,

                  Kees de Keizer wrote:

                  > Op 05-12-2001 schreef Gurpreet Singh:
                  >
                  > > As for that matter the sample.conf file does not have any information on how to
                  > > setup Webalizer for multiple domains.
                  > >
                  > > Can anyone help ?
                  >
                  > The sample.conf DO have all the information you need:
                  >
                  > # Name of file contain list of server to process like for each line :
                  > # Name of Customer<SPACE>LogFolder<SPACE>OutputFolder<SPACE>HostName1;HostName2
                  > # sample (extract of production file, who have 255 lines)
                  > # all of option in this file apply to all reports ...
                  > # New in this file you can use coma (") for delimit field
                  > # wA001 c:\WA001\LogIIS\ c:\wA001\stats wa001;www1.jeanlouisaubert.com
                  > # wA002 c:\WA002\LogIIS\ c:\wA002\stats wa002;www.restotel.fr;www.nordpage.fr
                  > # wA003 c:\WA003\LogIIS\ c:\wA003\stats Wa003;www.autobusavapeur.com
                  >
                  > #ServerList c:\jnhdev\webalizer\listeserv.txt
                  >
                  > --
                  > Kees de Keizer NT Administrator T: +31-10-2448344
                  > Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
                  > http://www.wirehub.net/ mailto:kees.de.keizer@...
                  > Let the fighting spirit win! [Crazy for You]

                  Gurpreet Singh

                  President/CEO
                  DelhiNet Web Services Pvt. Ltd.

                  Mobile: +91-9811088399 | E-Fax: +1(503) 2149982
                  Yahoo! Messanger ID on Mobile (always on, 24 hours) : delhinet
                  E-Mail: mailto:gp@... | Web Site: http://allindianet.com

                  Contact Details at http://allindianet.com/contact
                  ICQ Pager: 12560431 | AOL Instant Messanger Screen name: GPSDNET
                  MSN Messanger User Name: mohindragps | Yahoo! Messanger ID: gpsdnet

                  The information contained in this electronic transmission is intended only for the
                  use of the recipient and may be confidential and privileged. Unauthorized use,
                  disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited, and unlawful. If you have
                  received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately.
                • Mel Wade
                  Message 8 of 8 , Dec 6, 2001
                    That's correct. There is no right way. It depends on the level of
                    customization you require and the amount of work you want to do to
                    maintain Webalizer. I chose the option described in the .conf file
                    because it was the easiest way to setup a new site. All I had to do is
                    add one entry to my server list file and everything was running.

                    Although I haven't tried it, I'm sure you could even use a combination
                    of both methods if you just had a few sites that needed a higher level
                    of customization.

                    If you don't have much experience with Webalizer I would recommend that
                    you begin with the easiest method (described in the .conf file) then add
                    advanced features later after your comfort and success levels are
                    higher.

                    Mel

                    > Some confusion, as to how to setup Multiple Domains !
                    >
                    > If you study the documentation about Webalizer at
                    > http://www.geocities.com/danilody/webalizer/windows.html, it
                    > talks about setting up a seperate webalizer.conf file for each
                    > domain, whereas as you suggested and as mentioned in sample.conf,
                    > there is merely a need of creating a seperate .txt file, listing
                    > all the domains and their parameters, and giving a reference to it
                    > in the webalizer.conf file.

                    > Which is the correct way ?

                    I believe both are correct, although I haven't tried Dandy's
                    method. With Dandy's method you set the main parameters per
                    site, while the method as described in the sample.conf sets
                    the parameters for all sites equal.

                    Wirehub! Internet PGP: 0x24E3770B F: +31-10-2448356
                    We have no king but Caesar! [JC Superstar]

                    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/